God I love the West Wing. Like this…LEO What’s the problem? JOSH He’s black. LEO So’s the Attorney General and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs? JOSH They don’t hold the door open for the President. I’m not wild about the visual. A young black man holding his overnight bag? LEO Josh, I hold the door open for the President, it’s an honor. This is seriousbusiness, Josh. This isn’t casting. We get the guy for the job and we take it from here.
AND THEM WHEN HE ASKS FITZWALLISLEO The President’s personal aide, they’re looking at a kid. Do you have any problem with a young black man waiting on the President? FITZWALLACE I’m an old black man and I wait on the President. LEO The kid’s gotta carry his bags... FITZWALLACE You gonna pay him a decent wage? LEO Yeah. FITZWALLACE You gonna treat him with respect in the workplace? LEO Yeah. FITZWALLACE Then why the hell should I care?
LIKE DANG WEST WING DOES TH EDANG THING
And then Fitz goes, “I’ve got some real honest-to-God battles to fight, Leo. I don’t have time for the cosmetic ones.”
Fitz was the best.
"God, I'm sorry, I love my country."
- Bartlet: This time of the year there should be a hotline you can call with questions about cooking turkey. A special 800 number where the phones are staffed by experts.
- Charlie: There is.
- Bartlet: What do you mean?
- Charlie: The Butterball hotline.
- Bartlet: [pause, takes off his glasses and stares at Charlie] Butterball has a hotline?
- Charlie: Yeah. It's an 800 number, the phones are staffed by experts.
- Bartlet: Are you kidding me?
- Charlie: No.
- Bartlet: God, I'm sorry, I love my country. Charlie, get me the number for the Butterball hotline.